Up in Smoke

Picture of 27 Harris Fuller Road Fire by CoreyWaterford (The Day)

Last night a house down the street went up in flames.  It was one of the other old houses on the street.  According to the  the neighbors at the fire, the house was in foreclosure and there was rumors that someone (possibly the owner) was seen leaving the scene just before the fire.

No one was in the house, but apparently the rats that infested the house are now homeless.  I’ll have to leave the dogs and cats outside to make sure the rats stay off of our property.

Will woke up for the fire (he tried to wake Ben up, but Ben can sleep through anything) – but was too nervous to walk down to the fire trucks and see the fire.  But when the house was going, the flames were above the trees, so he got a good view from our back yard.

It didn’t make the paper today (but did make the internet).  I forgot to take my camera, so had to take pictures from the local newspaper.

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply